Puncherman Sam Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Puncherman Sam Forums

This is a safe haven for normally decent people to stop pulling punches and speak their mind.

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Current Musical Obsessions

Housebroken
    Housebroken

Current Musical Obsessions Empty Current Musical Obsessions

Post  Housebroken Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:09 am

What current albums are making you moist?

Right now I'm obsessively listening to Baroness' new double L.P. Yellow and Green. Some great sludgy and proggy rock and roll. On par with their previous masterpiece, Blue Record.

Have a listen if you give a shit about some good music.

http://baroness.bandcamp.com/
    Projectile Vomit
    Projectile Vomit
    Admin

Current Musical Obsessions Empty Re: Current Musical Obsessions

Post  Projectile Vomit Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:12 pm

I probably enjoy remakes/covers of songs I grew up with the most. There are no current bands or albums make my wood row, but when a band covers a song from the past that I recognize, my ears perk up. As a deejay, I am pretty much burnt out on anything popular.

I could name bands (songs, in particular) that I like.

I'm looking forward, however, to checking out any bands mentioned in these forums. I have a feeling most everything posted here will be interesting, at the very least.
    Housebroken
    Housebroken

Post  Housebroken Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Let me know about some tunes and styles you like and I'm sure I can find something that you would dig (getting people into different/new music is one of my favorite past times). I also am big a fan of covers too. Here's one of many blog posts I wrote up that I particularly enjoy. It's metal songs with the metal taken out of them.

Metal Un-Metalized
    Projectile Vomit
    Projectile Vomit
    Admin

Post  Projectile Vomit Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:17 pm

I can't wait to get home and listen to these songs. Should be a good time.

I suppose I'm most interested in industrial rock (examples: Nine Inch Nails, Rob Zombie, Gravity Kills, Celldweller), classic rock (examples: Santana, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin), blues (examples: Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB King, Muddy Waters), Metal (examples: Slipknot, Korn, Pantera, Prong). Depending on my mood, I also enjoy Leonard Cohen, 90's rock (examples: Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Mother Love Bone), and even a small amount of hiphop (examples: The Roots, N.E.R.D., Bone Thugs In Harmony).

I'm sure there's more, but I think this is a fine start.
    Pyrit
    Pyrit

Post  Pyrit Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 pm

First. Don't know how to introduce myself, other than I am the fo' real deal. Not the carbon copy who pretends to be cooler than me. You know who I'm talking about.

Lately, I've gotten back into Tool. Specifically the God's Gift version of Lateralus. It is amazingly better than the normal version, if you haven't tried it by now.

Also, Coheed and Cambria's announcement of a double album a few months from now got me listening to the Neverender live albums again. Also, in God Send Conspirator, if you squint real hard, you can see me in the crowd top center during the first chorus, though since the uploader only has 480p, the white light washes out my pale face.

Yea, I have a list of all my cameos on the DVD.

Coheed & Cambria: God Send Conspirator (Neverender: Night I)
    Housebroken
    Housebroken

Post  Housebroken Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:50 am

@ Vomit- Gravity Kills! I haven't heard them in fucking forever. Here are a couple bands you might dig.
    Industrial- Turmion Kätilöt, their kinda like a Finnish Rammstein, and as damn cool.

Laibach- These guys should be right up your industrial alley. Very diverse selection of albums. Here's them doing a great cover of Juno Reactor's "God is God". Also check out their cover of Jesus Christ Superstar for a good laugh.

Blues/Hip Hop- Chances are you probably already know G. Love and Special Sauce, but it's worth mentioning anyway. He kicks ass. I love his lazy blues mixed with the positive old school hip hop vibe.

Hip Hop- This is what happens when you let British people attempt hip hop, and it's hilarious.

Metal- Speaking of metal, have you heard Rex Brown (of Pantera) new gig? Kill Devil Hill is kick ass and rocking. Strong riffs and fat grooves.
    [youtube=https://youtu.be/WZ_KuxSSeaw]

Metal- Have you jumped onto the Gojira bandwagon yet. F'n great band.
    [youtube=https://youtu.be/BGHlZwMYO9g]

I'll stop there for today Wink
    Housebroken
    Housebroken

Post  Housebroken Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:02 pm

@ Pyrit- Hells Yeah the God's Gift Lateralus. It's so damn cool how they pulled that off.
    Have you heard a band called Soen yet? It has Martin Mendez (ex-drummer of Opeth) and Steve DiGiorgio (ex-Death)on bass and they have a heavy Tool influence. I dig it and it's probably the closest we're going to get to a new Tool-sounding record now that Tool hasn't released anything in forever and the best of the Tool clones, Rishloo, have called it quits.

And I'm totally hyped for that new CoCa album. Double album, fuck yeah.
    That's cool you got a cameo in their live albums! I was at the recording of the Live at Starland Ballroom album, but was towards the back like my old man ass is usually at shows nowadays and didn't get a cool cameo.
    Projectile Vomit
    Projectile Vomit
    Admin

Post  Projectile Vomit Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Sweet suggestions! Thank you much!

Yeah, I've got some Laibach on my HDD. Everything else is new.

...and yeah- Tool/Perfect Circle/Puscifer... fucking AWESOME.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 am